The Movement Director's Association is an artist-led network that celebrates the work of movement directors and elevates their voices. Our mission is to create better working conditions by promoting a deeper understanding of our contribution within the profession.
Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless it mentions otherwise, it is referring to the Movement Director’s Association.
What type of information we collect
We receive, collect and store any Personal Information you enter on our website or when you interact with us in any other way such as online, via email, by post or in person. The information we may collect from you is as follows:
• Prefix and full name
• Gender and/or preferred pronouns
• Postal address
• Email address
• Billing address (only once we operate a paying membership service)
• Delivery address (only once we operate a paying membership service)
• Phone number
• Date of birth
• Payment card details - please note we do not save these details and only retain the last four digits of your card in our
database (only once we operate a paying membership service)
• Bank details for direct debit instructions (only once we operate a paying membership service)
• Access and/or disability requirements
• Dietary requirements (for AGM only)
• Contact preferences
• Job information
This is not an exhaustive list and we may retain other types of information to carry out the business of the Movement Director’s Association.
Your Personal Information will be used for the specific reasons stated below only.
How we collect Personal Information
We will collect Personal Information you give us when you:
• sign up as a Member on our website, access Member’s login and areas or book our Member workshops and surgeries, receive Member mailings and newsletters, attend Annual General Meetings or any other of our Member events;
•contact us via online contact form, via email, post, telephone or in person with regards to general and membership enquiries, or to book places at our workshops and surgeries or any other of our events;
• visit our website through your IP address given to us by your browser and through cookies. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
Why we collect Personal Information
We collect such Personal Information for the following purposes:
• To provide carry out the business of the Movement Director’s Association;
• To provide our Members with assistance and support with the Members area of our website;
• To be able to contact our Members with general or personalised services;
• To inform Members of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
How we store, use, share and disclose your Personal Information
The Movement Director’s Association is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to carry out our business and service our Members. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
The Movement Director’s Association will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Once we operate a paying membership service, all direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by us adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store.
How we communicate with our Members and website visitors
We may contact you to notify you regarding your Membership, to troubleshoot problems with the member’s area, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed (only once we operate a paying membership service), to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our association, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text message, or by post.
How can you withdraw your consent, access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will retain the information required (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com.
Security and other sites
Once we have received your Personal Information, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the members area, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.